Stage Name: Energy Source SUNNY (활력소 써니 – hwalryeokso Sunny)
Birth Name: Lee Soon-kyu
Nicknames: Soonkyu, DJ Soon, Ssun, Sunny Bunny, Choi Danshin (the shortest)
Blood type: B
Date of Birth: May 15, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Sibling(s): 2 older sisters (Lee Eun-kyu, Lee Jin-kyu)
Position: Lead Vocalist
Language: Korean (Fluent), English, Chinese (Basic), Japanese (Basic)
Specialty: Sports, Eloquence
Casted: 2007 SM Casting System
Training Duration: 9 Months (previously trained for 5 years in another company)
School: Baehwa Girl’s High School (배화여자고등학교) [graduated]
- 2008 DJ for Melon ‘ChunJi Radio: Sungmin & Sunny’ (with Super Junior Sungmin)
- 2008 MV Super Junior H – ‘Cooking? Cooking!‘
- 2008 OST for movie Story of Wine ‘Finally Now‘
- 2008 OST for SBS drama Working Mom ‘You Don’t Know About Love‘
- 2009 CF ‘Post Cereal‘ (with Sooyoung & Seohyun)
- 2009 MC for SkyTV ‘the M’ (with SS501 Hyungjoon)
- 2009 OST for MBC drama Heading to the Ground ‘It’s Love‘ (with Taeyeon)
- 2009 MC for MTV ‘the M’ (with 2AM Seulong)
- 2009 Variety show KBS2 ‘Invincible Youth’ (as part of Girl7)
- 2010 OST for SBS drama Oh! My Lady ‘Your Doll‘
Facts about Sunny :)
1. Sunny was in Kuwait when she was just a baby, around the time of the Gulf War, that is why she is afraid of loud explosions.
2. Sunny does not go to college but she did finish high school. Sunny says that its more important now for her to chase the dream of being a good singer than to try to chase two rabbits at once. Its better to chase one rabbit then another. If she couldn't be able to give all her focus and energy on one thing then it wouldn't be doing her best. She does plan on studying when she feels that its the right time.
3. Her parents strongly opposed her trying to become a singer, because most of her family is in the music industry and they know how hard it was going to be for her.
4. Wheesung was Sunny's singing teacher.
5. Sunny was originally part of another company (rumor is that it was either YG or M. Boat) and was suppose to debut as a part of a duo. You can see in her audition tapes that there is another girl.
6. She enjoys playing games, including video games and sports. Along with Hyoyeon she is one of the best long distance runners among SNSD.
7. She shares the same birthday as her two older sisters and mother!
8. She doesn't drink soy milk, but loves fruits.
9. She does the cute high voice in the beginning of Super Junior's "Cooking Cooking" video.
10. She sings Park Jung Hyun - "I will write a letter to You" when she audition, they sound very similar.
11. She has a crush on Daniel Henny and even got a hug from him.
12. She has astigmatism in both eyes .
13. Sunny claims that Taeyeon looks shorter than her because of their body proportions
14. Sunny bunny's height is 158cm (5.2 ft), BUT!!! she revealed her real height was 155cm (5.1 ft)!
16. Sunny is only 2 CM shorter than Taeyeon making Sunny the shortest in the group.
17. Sunny is a major consumer for HEEL LIFTS!
18. Sunny is the Fake Maknae.
19. Sunny is the cutest member.
20. Sunny hates her name (Sunkyu) because it is a name more suitable for older generations.
21. Sunny is The Queen Of Aegyo
22. In 1998, Sunny entered Starlight (one of SM Academy) and became a trainee for 5 years before transferring to Starworld where she became a member of a duet called "Sugar" which never debuted.
23. SNSD members can't stand Sunny's aegyo. A conclusion has been made that the reason for this is that because they are always with Sunny that they got immune to her Aegyo.
24. Sunny can catch chicken! does not easily get scared of ghost.
25. Sunny has a grade of 97.5 in getting her drivers license.
26. Sunny's home is near to the girls' dorm now.. so whenever she can't sleep, she goes home and sleep there even she has schedule for the next morning.
27. In 2007, she was then recommended by Ayumi Lee, who transferred to SME. After several months of training under SM Entertainment, Sunny debuted as a member of Girls' Generation that same year. She was a co-DJ of ChunJi until the broadcast ended in July 2008.
28. She was the last member to join Girls' Generation. She was often referred to as the "secret trainee" or "SM's secret weapon" but her lack of pictures was due to her short time in the company and her shyness.
29. Sunny and Taeyeon were called "THE SHORT DUO".
30. Sunny and Yuri are the ones who get the choreography wrong most of the time, and often point to each other as being the person who messes up the most.
31. Sunny's sleeping habit is that she mumbles like a puppy but Taeyeon insists that she mumbles like an alien.
32. In horror movie factory, Sunny admitted in the buss (with Lee Bum Soo riding at the front seat SNSD member at the back) that she likes him.
33. Sunny hates red bean paste, so whenever they eat bungobbang (type of bread/cake with red bean in the middle), she only eats the head and the tail (parts without too much red bean paste) and gives the rest to Taeyeon who LOVES red bean paste.
34. Sunny sang "Finally Now", you don't know about love as solo's
35. When Jessica, Tiffany, SooYoung, Sunny,and SeoYeon performed 'Wanna Be' (Spice Girls song) on Chocolate, Sunny was dressed as Sporty Spice.
36. SNSD members said that Sunny's aegyo was a reason they wanted to punch her.
37. Sunny takes the fastest shower among SNSD
38. Sunny is a member of CCP also known as "Cuteness that Calls for a Punch!"
39. Sunny was dubbed a Gag-idol by Kim Shin Young on Invincible Youth despite wanting to be an Adult-idol
40. In Taeyeon's We Got Married.. HyungDon thought that his bride was gonna be Sunny.
41. Sunny sticks her tongue when she's angry
42. Sunny's closest G7 member is Hyomin, Hyuna, and Hara.
43. She revealed that her dad was in Hwaljooro, the famous college band with Bae Chul-soo, a famous radio DJ and the host of show 7080.
44. Sunny loves sneakers.
45. Sunny appeared in Super Junior-H's music video for "Cooking? Cooking!".
46. Sunny's Favorite Number is 12.
47. Sunny also sung a duet with member Sooyoung called "Happy Me", "Finally Now" on the soundtrack for the movie "Story of Wine".
48. In We Got Married... Sunny was the first who bungee jumped..
49. She has an unclear birthmark on her right stomach next to her belly button.
50. Choi Siwon invited Sunny in Oh My Lady.
51. Sunny never had her first kiss
52. Sunny hides food and keeps chestnuts in her purse.
53. Whenever Sunny's home... her mom always has a box of their albums (coming from her mom's friends) prepared for her to sign.
54. In april 2010 .. Sunny sang the " My doll " Oh! my lady OST.
55. She featured on the "Heading to the Ground" soundtrack, singing a duet with Taeyeon called "SarangInGulYo" and another song titled "Motion" performed with the vocal line of the group.
56. Sunny, and Go Ara (an actress with SM) once went over to Karaoke after dinner initially just to kill time to digest the food… in the end it took them 4 hours to come out!
57. Sunny bunny sang Utada Hikaru's First Love
58. Sunny also co hosted a music show called "The M" with SS501's Kim Hyun-joon and 2AM's Seulong but had to say goodbye to the show due to her busy schedules. Her last appearance as an MC for the show was on April 4, 2010
59. Sunny enjoys acting like a model but her legs is too short.
60. When Yuri and Sunny still shared one room, Yuri used to complain about Sunny not being organized with her things.. like her shoes were placed everywhere.
61. Sunny once left a chocolate milk in the room she shared with Yuri for 6 months and while Yuri was asleep, it exploded all over the ceiling.
62. Sunny's favorite song from their album GIRLS' GENERATION was "Ooh La la!"
63. Sunny graduated from Baehwa All Girls High School..
64. Sunny's ideal man was Jo In Sung, but chose James Dean after being advised to chose someone who is dead or married to avoid scandal.
65. Super Junior members started a rumor that Sungmin and Sunny were secretly dating in order to promote their radio show but the rumor did not surface until AFTER the show had ended.
66. Sunny is hakkyo hoobae (school junior) of actress Han Ga In.
67. Among the members, Sunny is the one who loves to use the internet
68. Sunny's paternal grandparents are currently in the states getting treatment for medical conditions.
69. Sunny is Boom's favorite SNSD member.
70. Yuri was Sunny's first roommate and Taeyeon is her current roommate.
71. According to a drawing analyst Sunny is most like Sooyoung, but ironically they are the shortest and tallest, respectively.
72. Heechul considers himself very close to Sunny and often offers her advice about variety shows.
73. A fortune teller told Sunny that she has a nose that will make her have lots of money. The other girls agreed that Sunny was like a rich mobster who slipped them money to buy her stuff.
74. Sunny makes other members do the Abracadabra dance with her.
75. Sunny's has been nicknamed "Dolphin" among the SNSD members because of her high vocal range.
76. On Invincible Youth Sunny chose Taecyeon (2PM) as her favorite member. BUT on the episode of MBC's Idol Show, Taecyeon chose Sunny as his partner (where he serenaded her with a sappy song and greasy eyes!!! )
77. Sunny and Hyomin (T-ara) are close on Invincible Youth, but did you know that Sunny (May 15, 1989) is only 15 days older than Hyomin (May 30, 1989).
78. SNSD agrees that Sunny is the person with the best surprise S-line.
79. Sunny refers to herself in the third person when she's is executing her aegyo.
80. Since she makes a lot of puppy noises, Taeyeon often tries to raise her as a puppy!
81. Sunny has a nephew.
82. She wear size 230mm shoes, along with Jessica and HyoYeon.
83. She likes comic books.
84. She really likes to swim.
85. She carries a small notebook with her to write down quotes or meaningful phrases that she likes. On the first page she copied something from a fan letter.
86. When she was little she lived in Inchon.
87. She can't cook very well. She is scared of fire and she can't use a knife well. BUT she can make spicy rice cakes with noodles very well
88. When SNSD is practicing, Sunny is the member that makes them stay longer.
89. Sunny hides food and keeps chestnuts in her purse.
90. Sunny is the cutest member for Sones.